Wednesday 15 April 2020

Falling into poetry - finding a new world

I have recently discovered Caroline Kaufman's new poetry book entitled when the world didn't end, and I can really relate to this girl who has suffered from depression. I feel that I truly fell into her words, like Alice falling down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland to find a strange new world. And through poetry, hers and my own included, I am finding a new world, where I can be happy and whole. 

On page 78 of Caroline's book I quote: I am surprised I am still alive, but I am grateful for it. That sums up my feelings exactly.

And I love this verse from Caroline's book on page 172:

every minute I have on this earth
is borrowed time.
I fought for it,
almost died for it,
and won it back

That describes my cancer experience exactly. I fought to stay alive in December 2015 when I was operated on, and it is true that I almost died but I did win my life back. Now going on 4 1/2 years later I am still living on borrowed time. But the cancer is in remission and with my bladder problems looked after, my pain is truly under control.

I want to emphasize that my recovery follows the path of Radical Remission as Kelly A Turner's book describes. Now, what is left to do is shrink the three tumors on my spine. And through Bruce Lipton's The Biology of Belief whereby through belief I can do healing wonders in my body, including shrinking of tumors. Lipton quotes Henry Ford's famous line on page 112 of his book: If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't -- you're right.

I recently purchased a neat book entitled Naturopathic Oncology: An Encyclopedic Guide for Patients & Physicians. In this book I find plenty of support for what I am doing to heal, particularly with regard to mistletoe subcutaneous injections which prime the immune system to work against cancer cells, and with regard to curcumin which reduces inflammation, and hence works against the impact of inflammation in encouraging cancer cells to thrive and grow. The book has two pages, 410 - 411, devoted to RCC, Renal clear Cell Carcinoma. It mentions that only 62% survive kidney cancer for five years. So it looks like I am in the 38% that go on living!

By the way, I should have said in my last post that one reason for my trip to Yellowknife last week was to take a CT scan of my sacrum area. That was done and the CT showed no growth of the sacrum tumor. So I am definitely still in remission, and looking forward to my new world of thriving in recovery by shrinking the tumors and getting on with life. I can then be considered as "cancer free"!!

2 comments:

  1. May your eyes be blessed with perfect health and may you continue to thrive. For, you are. You ARE thriving. I love that quote. < If you believe you can or if you believe you cannot, you are right.> Thank you, David. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete