Saturday 21 December 2019

Beliefs become destiny

Hello again,

I hope you don't dismiss me as a failure because I haven't been writing in this blog every day. I am working in that direction but I guess I am not there yet. Other things get in the way, so it is a matter of priority. I'll get there.

As you know, I am convinced that "belief" is one of the strongest healing agents. The power of the mind is wonderful when it comes to healing. I have really loved reading The Power of Belief by Bruce Lipton, PhD. I have mentioned this before but Bruce Lipton states that Henry Ford "was right about the power of the mind: if you believe you can, or if you believe you can't...your're right." Lipton goes on to say "Positive thoughts are a biological mandate for a happy, healthy life. In the words of Mahatma Gandhi:

Your beliefs become your thoughts
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions 
Your actions become your habits
Your habits become your values
Your values become your destiny"

That is a lot of food for thought. So if I ask: "What is my destiny?" -- I have to trace the line of reasoning back to my beliefs! So that is food for thought in a big way.

So I believe that my cancer journey is of profound significance. And not only because I believe that I can beat this thing it God wills. It is because of cancer that I treasure each day more than ever before. It is because of cancer that I am drawn to believe in the primary importance of spiritual growth - with the reminder that we are all spiritual beings in a natural experience.

Right now life's a bummer because I have a full body cold. I haven't had a cold for about four years. It is not the flu because I have no fever. However this cold is a reminder that yes cancer and chemo and many pain management drugs weaken the immune system. The doctors have warned me that I can expect more infectious diseases to come my way. I guess the best attitude is to know that my immune system will be boosted as I recover from the cold.

Tomorrow I am going to post on my mantra: Choose - hope - survive and thrive. I had hoped to get to the Writers' Digest Annual Conference in New York at the end of August this year to talk to agents about a book I want to write that promotes my cancer recovery strategy which follows this mantra.

Hope you are all having a good weekend. Oh - before I sign off another angel of cancer recovery is Kris Carr. She primarily writes for women, but these books are great: Crazy sexy cancer tips and Crazy sexy cancer survivor. That was a smart move. By putting the s-word into the titles it showed a light-hearted move to take the fear out of cancer healing and recovery and her books became instant best sellers.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't stress the routine of daily - can't just jump into a routine like that. I think everyone understands that.

    something to consider - go shorter posts, stretch a couple stories over to the next post (then people need to come back).

    ReplyDelete