Monday 16 December 2019

Back in the trenches - the war against cancer

Sorry to be so long providing any updates. I have made an "old year's resolution", my last one for 2019, to use this davidisstillalive blog as my writing platform. So I intend to write in it every day.

Once of my cancer heroes is Jessica Ainscough who died in February of 2915 at the age of 30, having spent 8 years battling and thriving her way through incurable cancer. I became acquainted with her through  the Hay House Writers Workshop. You might like to take a look at the following:

1.   Jessica Ainscough - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Ainscough
Jessica Ainscough (July 1985 – 26 February 2015) was an Australian teen magazine editor who became a writer and wellness entrepreneur following a rare cancer diagnosis at the age of 22 years. Ainscough went by the self-coined nickname "The Wellness Warrior" and used her popular blog by the same name to share her personal story of using alternative cancer treatments .

2.   Jess Ainscough - The Wellness Warrior

The Wellness Warrior | Be kind. Be brave. Be well. On February 26th 2015, the world lost one of its brightest sparks. After 30 years, 7 of which were spent thriving with cancer, Jess Ainscough peacefully passed away. Edgar’s Mission has always had a spe ...


Whereas Jessica spent some time believing only in natural healing, she changed her mind about a year before she died, cooming to the belief that it was necessary to integrate conventional oncology with natural healing. As you know that is entirely my view too.

Oh yes, I have another short war poem as a late "remembrance day" offering:

Futility of War

Fire and blood
Signature of war and pain
Blood in the trenches
Fire in the sky
As warriors plummet to earth
Wings broken, doomed

More tomorrow, as I follow along to write, write, write!


1 comment:

  1. Dearest friends; thank you. You are strong in so many ways. Yes, I do know and believe your strength comes from many sources. No. 1: God. Then I must contemplate the Canadian input. OH YES. Now, Happy New Year and please do KEEP ON WRITING. Your Blog has helped me to keep connected to you. Sandra and David Malcolm. 'Hagar' you be good now. Santa will not come by if you do not behave. Oh, and do NOT eat Santa's cookies. Much Love fr. Illinois

    ReplyDelete