Monday 1 February 2016

Waking up with the thought: I am still alive!

I am switching to a larger font for ease of reading.

That afternoon of Friday December 04 was filled with some tears. Thinking of the worst that could happen, the end of time on this earth. Then, on the evening of Friday December 4, I was readied for the big operation which was to take place sometime late that night. I was on a drip and ready at about 8:00 pm. However time dragged on and nothing at all happened. Not that night of Dec 4 nor during the day on Dec 5. We were finally informed about the delay. A very bad accident on the Whitemud freeway in Edmonton brought many trauma cases to various hospitals including the U of Alberta.

Finally mid morning (08:36 I am informed) on Sunday Dec 06 I was wheeled at great speed down a hallway to the operating theater on a stretcher by two tall orderlies. I immediately thought of Formula 1 and that I was going to win this race against time. They parked me in the pits for a very short time and then into the op room for some serious maintenance work. I was put under general anaesthetic and out like a light until some time after 2 pm. Waking up from the anaesthetic felt very strange, certainly not euphoric in any way. But my first real thought was - I am alive.

Naturally my normal bodily functions had pretty well shut down. I had no appetite at all. But other friends had arrived including David Chernenkoff and Candice from Yellowknife. And Donna and Mark Karstad came with a fine supper for Sandra and Lynn and everyone. I slept through that one!

The week of post op trauma began in a bad way in the Intensive Care Unit, where the nurses were mechanical and checklist oriented and I was not treated much like a human being that had survived a 6 hour operation. It got so bad that I was afraid to be alone with those nurses from hades! I have put an official complaint in to Alberta Health Services about that. Again, Sylvia, Vera and Janice sat with me in those early days. Anne arrived from Viet Nam on Wednesday. So I had a lot of concerned people who visited me during the post op days, including some not mentioned. My poor foggy memory is no help here.

I was finally moved a couple of days later to a public ward - several bed moves until I spent my last days in a private room which was very nice. My dear daughter Anne arrived from Viet Nam on Wednesday December 9.

On Monday December 14 I was discharged and Sandra and I took a day of rest in the hotel because I was still too weak to travel, and flew back to Inuvik December 16. I was wheelchair-bound during that time, and my good friend Larry Mumby came to the airport early at 5am to help get me checked in while Sandra returned the rented car.

Anne flew up here to Inuvik on Wednesday the 16th and stayed to help my recovery so Sandra could go back to work over the Christmas and New Year time when her counseling work become a necessary service. Anne stayed until January 13th, so she was here to help out for 4 weeks. I certainly found out that my Scrabble game was rusty! I only managed to win 2 out of about 7 games.

2 comments:

  1. A sure sign you were in recovery: your Scrabble game was affected! I'm glad that we're on to the next stage in this journey. -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patient Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal treatment.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com . We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Doctor Itua Herbal Treatment..He assured me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete