Friday 20 March 2020

Hay House and Radical Remission

Hello again folks,

I love being in remission and I have been an avid listener/observer to the Hay House Publishing docuseries Radical Remission, which you too can view at https://www.discover.hayhouse.com/radicalremission/ but only until March 26 in this 2020 year.

Also, as you know, after taking responsibility for your own health, nutrition is a very important part of fighting cancer and getting it into remission. So I love a quote from Danielle DuBoise of Sakara Life which says: "JOY is a nutrient." As I look at the Radical Remission landscape and cancer recovery I so appreciate the aspect of JOY. A prophet of the Old Testament in the Bible named Joel had this to say about the importance of joy: "the vine is dried up, and the fig tree languishes; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: for joy is withered away from the sons of men."

Wow, that is so powerful. If there is no joy there can be no spiritual fruit. Joy must come first. Now, as I look at my life now, when I have gratitude, when I sit down and make a gratitude list, I find joy rising up inside my spirit. I become joyful. And that makes life so much more worthwhile.

Also, my cancer recovery has become a course of action. Knowing what to do to follow-up on the wonderful effective Nivolumab immunotherapy is one thing, but to do it with tenacity is another! And so I came across an action strategy called John Boyd's "OODA loop":
Observe, Orient (set yourself in place for action), Decide, Act! This flow chart is a picture of United States Airforce Colonel John Boyd's "viral strategy" for out gunning the enemy in the Korean war of the early 1950s. Using that strategy he and his pilots flying F86 Sabre Jets were able to outmaneuver much more powerful and faster Mig 15 fighter jets flown by the enemy. Note that at any point in the decision making loop your critical information provides feedback so that you can go back and repeat if necessary. 

I'm not sure how this centered typing thing got going so I don't know how to change it. Other than I will go for a new blog tomorrow. 

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting dad! I’m busy studying research methods, but if I have the dimmer out due to all this corona virus mess, I will start looking into some of the posts on your blogs. I want to learn more about anti inflammatory diets and nutrition than I learned before. It’s survival of the healthiest AND fittest!

    ReplyDelete