Friday 7 February 2020

Unhooked and ready to go!

Not unhinged I hope, but yes unhooked from the intravenous Nivolumab treatment at Stanton Territorial Hospital for another month. In March 2020, I will have to go through a routine CT scan administered by the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton as well to ensure that said sacrum tumor is not growing. I will also have to provide a detailed list of what vitamins I take and how much. 

They at Stanton Hospital know about the natural healing things that I do, including mistletoe injection three times a week, elk velvet to boost the immune system so it can attack cancer cells, and high potency Curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric spice which has cancer healing and prevention properties. The doctors and pharmacists have no comment - their only concern is whether any of these things are likely to interact with their wonderful drugs in any negative way. That is a good thing to know of course.

It never fails to amaze me that the North American pharmaceutical and medical industry is TOTALLY uncaring about natural healing. They even don't care how much sugar I consume, even though there is a huge body of research knowledge supporting the "sugar feeds cancer cells" fact.

The total pain control regimen is working pretty good. I have two Butran 10 patches, changed every week, topped up by Hydromorphone 1mg every four hours as needed. And it is usually needed. Sometimes the pain flares up and feels like being stabbed with a knife. I can take up to 4000 mg of tylenol/acetaminophen in a 24 hour period for sickness or pain, but not more than two extra strength (500mg) tablets at any one time. I have been taking a lot more than two at a time, so I will slow that down a bit, for the sake of future liver function.

Then there is Pregabalin 50mg twice a day to keep the shingles nerve prickles and pain in check, Tamsulosin 0.4mg, two tablets per day at night before bed to help with the urinary necessities, and Synthroid 25mcg two tablets per day. And last but not least 4mg tablets of Ondansetron, 8mg at a time, for nausea that is sometimes cased by the whole cocktail of drugs. The nausea is minimum if I drink plenty of water, usually two to three litres per day of good non-tap water.

Oh, I have been reading the proceedings of a conference on cell functioning, including cancer cells, called The Mitochondrial Summit which included many physicians and medical research experts talking about their patients and their research results on very many aspects of cell function. Mitochondria are tiny organelles in our cells that generate energy and heat in the body, and they help tell our cells when and how to grow or die. Heavy duty stuff, but I like to get to the bottom of how life is sustained and how cancer cells live and die. So if my mitochondria are doing badly because of body toxicity I feel drained, sluggish and down.

It is very interesting that here too, I read of physicians working with their patients recommending joy (going beyond happiness but being truly joyful) through journaling and meditation. That is so SO much in support of what I believe and what Kris Carr talks about in her training modules in personal wellness.

Well I think I have rambled on long enough. Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, David, for listing your drugs. Now I have somewhere to go to access that list. Good to have you home again. Hagar and I are both happy. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and Good days. I really have to concentrate when reading the wonderful news you post. There are some terms and words that challenge my understanding. Not enough to stop reading to the end. And there I usually receive a measure of understanding. I appreciated all you wrote in the last three entries. Sandra, you are probably in great shape to be able to shovel like that. Please be careful both of you. Much love, Larna

    ReplyDelete