Wednesday 19 February 2020

Crazy Cancer Recovery and Courage

Yes it is. Cancer is crazy. I never know one day to the next how I am going to feel.

General improvement all around, brain working fine. However dizziness and near fainting is still quite random. Today is one of those days. Early this afternoon I was quite dizzy so I measured my blood pressure resulting in 102/60. Now, that's low but shouldn't account for the dizziness.

I have been getting incredible inspiration from video talks by Kris Carr (see kriscarr.com) and her buddy Marie Forleo. As a result of these talks on all aspects of healthy living and cancer recovery with joy, and reading Kris's books with the catchy titles Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor and Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips written for young women cancer survivors in particular (as you can imagine putting the "S" word in the titles made them bestsellers very quickly) I have completely revised my approach to writing a book on my cancer recovery journey. I now realize that the book has to be hard hitting and easy to read - the stuff I have written so far is too dry and academic.

Oh by the way, here are a couple of photos. The first one is my writing nook tucked in at the back of the living room. 

The second photo tells the story of the Arctic in winter. Dark and bright snow, with the sun just below the horizon.

Just to give you an idea of the book I am writing, here is my intended pitch to possible literary agents that might be interested in representing me. I need to edit it with some new ideas in mind:

Pitch Slam – draft 3 Two paragraphs – 269 words, 100 seconds oral delivery.

My tag line: Cancer Survivor, Author, Speaker: Choose – Hope – Survive and thrive.

I am glad to be alive today. Twice in the past 4 years I was told I would die within 8 months from Stage 4 kidney cancer. My memoir’s purpose is to inspire cancer sufferers and their caregivers to seek longer life and find joy in recovery – to Choose – Hope – Survive. I use story-telling and poems to add to my writing style. I emphasize that you can combine cancer treatment with practical natural healing to survive terminal cancer and still reach your dreams. I know that’s true because I am here! I used the methods of this book in the face of aggressive Stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma and my two near-death experiences. Now for a short summary of the book.


Anyone who suffers from cancer can prolong life. If the prognosis is weeks or months to live, accept your feelings, challenge them and choose life – longer life. Don’t accept the mortality statistics for your cancer. You are an individual, not a statistic. Take charge of your own health. Choose Life. That very personal choice turns fear into excitement, enhances healing, and brings Hope. You will hear the birds and smell the buds of spring again! Then take the steps necessary to Survive. First, accept whatever the doctor prescribes – radiation, chemotherapy, immunotherapy. Then, find complementary alternative healing methods for your cancer – take ownership of your own health. There’s more. The power of belief is a clinical fact. If you believe you will recover, you probably will. If you accept the doctor’s prognosis of weeks to live – guess what – you will die within that time! So, remember: Choose – Hope – Survive and thrive!

And then, so long folks. Back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning David and Sandra. Sorry for the news of dizziness. Please be careful. I find it so amazing that you are totally committed to writing a help book for Cancer patients and Cancer Survivors. Thanks you. Your writing nook is so welcoming, warm and cozy looking. Keep Going, David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear 'Hagar' saw your bed under the table. So sweet. Now you be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Early Morning/ did you have a nice birthday yesterday, Sandra? Thank you so very much for this picture of your Writing Nook. It gives me the chance to connect somehow, to say hello and how ya doing? I imagine you both in your chairs at days' end; relaxing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larna, it was the best birthday I've had so far in my life. I started thinking sboutvitvanout a week ago, marvelling at the number. I don't understand it! How did I get here? And then the cards and well wishes and people singing to me warmed my heart. Thank you, Larna, for your card! You're one of the kindest and most caring people I know. Thank you for being a part of my and David's life.

      Delete
    2. SO HAPPY to hear your birthday was kind to you. David's news of Remission is also wonderful to ponder. WE WONDER how and why, but it is our Heavenly Father in control that is the difference. Debbie Laemmar asked about you and was happy also to hear of the Good News of Remission. I gave her your Blog add.. We are doing O.K. on this end of the world. Coronvirus is a sobering condition. Do protect yourselves with latex gloves and keep the hand sanitizer handy. I don't go out without gloves on. Isn't it wonderful that we have a Revelation of HOPE. SOON. Spring. All The BEST. LOVE, Larna

      Delete