Thursday 30 January 2020

Joy is a vital spiritual condition

Kris Carr (Kriscarr.com) is creating and emphasizing joy in January 2020. This is a great spiritual principle with which to start the first month of a new decade. 

A prophet that I admire once said that all of the fruit trees are withered "because joy is withered away from the sons of men." He brought it into the present tense, which gives it some urgency for change. Pointing out how necessary joy is before there is anything to grow and harvest.

Joy encourages gratitude, and gratitude encourages tolerance and patience. Even in this cancer-riddled life that is my lot today I have a lot to be thankful for. If I concentrate on thankfulness I can be tolerant and patient, and I can face any difficult experience with true acceptance.

My greatest challenge in my cancer recovery journey is pain management. I have to take a plethora (my new word for today) of drugs for pain and side effects. Some of the drugs are needed to address the side effects of other drugs!! 

I like my new thought (new to me anyway) that pain is necessary for new birth. I can always find new opportunities, new experiences to be joyful in and thankful for, if I am willing to feel pain without giving up the fight to manage it. 

Maybe I am being too philosophical, but I really do believe that if I face pain with a positive attitude, then my cancer experience becomes helpful rather than hurtful. If I am successful in my cancer recovery efforts, then perhaps I can help other cancer sufferers who need encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. I’m sure the pain management must be tough! The worst is nausea! For me anyway. I’m
    Glad they do have many types of drugs to manage your pain as opposed to not having anything! Keep manifesting joy!!!

    ReplyDelete