Sunday 11 March 2018

Still getting over a chest condition before the new chemo

Unfortunately, the Sutent knocked me out so badly, along with the nasty nausea drugs, that I ended up in Emergency one night with a full-blown panic attack. Also, my immune system was compromised, so the first contact I had with someone else's flu, down I went! I am not going to start the new chemo for a day or two yet.

I felt so sick I could understand Job's feelings in the Bible where he was so ill that he wished he had never been born. Also like Elijah when he was fleeing for his life, fed by ravens, just wanted to die, for God to take his life away. I have to admit I went through such thoughts that night on the way to the ER at Inuvik hospital.

However, sick as I was, something kind of miraculous happened in that my one kidney began to work almost normally, with my creatinine dropping into the normal range for 10 days.

I do want to start the new chemo asap though so that the tumours continue to shrink and hopefully the cancer goes into remission once again. Now that I am returning to normal, the depression has lifted again. I am taking more interest in things around me, writing poetry, practicing my harmonica, etc. I just finished a bit of engineering work for an engineering company doing a feasibility study of a wind energy project in Norman Wells. "The Wells" is in oil country but the supply is dwindling so new electricity sources are hoped for.

All for now folks. I have a new experience with an oncology doctor on the 19th of March. I go to the tele-health room at the hospital here in Inuvik and talk to a Cross Cancer oncologist by video-conferencing. So I need to prepare for that with new blood tests etc. Then I go to Yellowknife again for a CT and another consult with Dr John Walker April 9.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better Daddy, and getting back to your interests. Panic attacks are horrible! I've been through my fair share and I thought I was going to die. I love you and thank you for sharing this blog! ~Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up David. You have work to do... On many levels. All of us are rooting for you
    Mk

    ReplyDelete