Tuesday 13 March 2018

My little caretaker!

Well, I am started on the new Pazopanib chemo. It disturbs my sleep at night but anyway I love napping during the day, so problem solved. I just looked up the medication in OncoLink which is a good thing because I found I should not take the pills within an hour before food or within two hours after a meal.

We now have a companion for me a little shihtzu pooch by the name of Hagar. He is probably 3 years old or thereabouts, and a rescue dog from Sachs Harbour, afraid of everything and everybody. He arrived skin and bones but is now thriving on dog food for small dogs with a bit of olive oil to tickle his tastebuds.

Hagar you say? Yes, when he came to us he really looked quite horrible like Hagar the Horrible - he was so shaggy and hair coming out in clumps. But he now has a haircut and Here is his debut photo.


A few years ago in Yellowknife we had a shihtzu  by the name of Fluffy that we co-owned. She never left my side when I was getting my new titanium hips in 2012 and 2013. So the idea now is that wee Hagar can fill that companionship spot. I should have named him Shadow because he follows me everywhere. But he is the first dog ever we've had that hates car rides. He is now "nearly" house-trained, and is leash trained. So as I cope with the chemo on a daily basis Hagar will interrupt any tendency toward depression. I look forward to longer walks with this little friend when the weather turns to spring.

1 comment:

  1. He looks adorable Daddy! I hope I can babysit HICCUP one day! Hahahaa I'll probably never call him Hagar because Hiccup is such a cute name! 😂 Love you Daddy! ~Lynnie

    ReplyDelete