Wednesday 24 October 2018

Kidney cancer in remission!

Well at last I have somewhat to report!  I have been off all treatment for three whole months, the last immunotherapy being during the third week of July.

I was to have a checkup CT Scan in Yellowknife on Tuesday October 2, but to no avail, because there were no hotel rooms available in Yellowknife the first week of April! That is strong evidence that Yk has become a tourist town, with planeloads of oriental and southeast Asian tourists arriving daily. Hotel expansions cannot keep up with the demand. It seems that the Arctic has become a "hot" destination for orientals, for viewing Northern Lights, dogsledding (all ho-hum!! for us who live here), etc.

And so I didn't get a follow-up CT Scan until Monday October 15. It was based on a bloodtest Sept 24, which was good news with creatinine back in the normal range for my one remaining right kidney and an eGFR reading of 48. As long as the eGFR is above 40, the lab is prepared to give me intravenous contrast for the best CT Scan procedure.

Then I waited, and I waited, and I waited for a call from Dr John W at Cross Cancer with the results. The days dragged on. Finally got a call from him early this morning and he was pleased with the CT results. Everything is stable - no new tumours, no new nodules in the lungs. All existing evidence of cancer is stable or shrinking. The lymph nodes in my chest are still shrinking - all very good news. And Dr W finally used the magic word "remission". My cancer is now considered to be in remission, and no checkups necessary for three months or so, in January or February 2019.

Sandra is very happy. This has been a very worrisome time for her. Cancer is worst for the caregiver than it is for the patient.

I am feeling better and better, slight improvements every day to the old side effects of chemo. The shingles neurological pain is slowly subsiding. The only new thing is something precancerous re skin cancer on my forehead. They took a biopsy this morning at the Inuvik Hospital. That is not particularly worrisome because the likely type of skin cancer is relatively benign and can be burned off by freezing, or at the worst by skin grafting.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully I won't have to wait so long till the next update.

2 comments:

  1. I am very much delighted. To everyone reading this,i want to inform the public on how i got cured from stage 2 ovarian cancer by Dr Itua Herbal Medicines. i have been suffering from ovarian cancer, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor but no way out,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing Cancers, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was healed from Uterine Cancers and Brain Tumors by the good doctor, called Dr Itua. without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and i wrote him and and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me so i started using the medicine, after the period of three weeks given to me by Dr Itua i was completely cured nomore tumors on my body was found anymore. So dear viewer why living your life in therapist or chemo?contact him now on WhatsApp +2348149277967 he is able to cure the listed diseases:Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Kidney cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,
    Intestinal cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,

    ReplyDelete